ThIS WEEKS RECIPE SUGGESTION
THE PERFECT ROAST PORCHETTA
Medium/large sized Porchetta joint
Enough new potatoes for 4-6 people left whole
Enough carrots for 4-6 people quartered (left chunky)
4 Tablespoons of honey
1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan/ gas 6.
- Massage 1 tbsp of the olive oil all over the joint and season with a generous amount of sea salt and black pepper.
- Roast for 15 minutes with the seam of the joint touching the base of the tin.
- Turn the oven down to 130°C fan/gas 2 and cover the pork with foil. Roast for another 2 hours, adding the potatoes and carrots to the roasting tin after 1 hour.
- Remove the foil and turn the oven up to 180°C, roast for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove the roasting tin from the oven. Lift the pork onto a carving board. Brush the honey over the pork and spoon over some of the juices from the roasting tin. Toss the veg in the pan to coat in the remaining cooking juices, then keep warm in a low oven. Leave the pork to rest for 10 minutes, then slice and serve hot or at room temperature with the roasted vegetables.
Offering bespoke products, we provide fresh and unique speciality sausages and dry cured bacon.
At The Butchery Box, we believe that great sausages and bacon shouldn’t come with a long list of ingredients.
We use only the freshest ingredients and perfect balance of cuts to allow the simple flavours to speak for themselves.
Sourced from local, small-scale farms we select native breeds including Oxford Sandy and Black pigs, Wiltshire Horn lambs and 100% Grass-Fed Aberdeen Angus beef to help keep tradition and flavour foremost.